Level II Trauma Center in Wabash Valley
If you are critically injured near Terre Haute, Indiana, having our trauma center nearby could mean the difference between life and death. We have the highest level trauma center in a 75-mile radius, so you can be sure that you or your loved ones will receive the best care.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency, call 911. If you aren’t certain about a critical care situation, you can call at nurse 24/7 at (812) 237-1200.
The Terre Haute Regional Hospital Level II Trauma Center provides a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients. Our specially trained physicians, surgeons and medical professionals are prepared to provide you the critical attention you need 24/7.
High-quality critical care services
Our Level II Trauma Center includes:
- A comprehensive team of trauma-trained and board-certified trauma, orthopedic and neurosurgeons available 24/7.
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A helipad for quick transport from an accident to the trauma center or to another medical center, if necessary
- A comprehensive program to regularly review of our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physician
- A program to evaluate the quality of care and provide ongoing staff education to ensure we continue to provide high-quality care to the community
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for people in the Wabash Valley
Integrated trauma care before you arrive
To provide you with the best trauma care, we collaborate closely with regional emergency medical services (EMS) to provide critical care before you arrive at Terre Haute Regional Hospital. Our EMS partners help us anticipate and prepare for your immediate needs upon arrival. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.
Our EMS partners have knowledge and experience in trauma care, allowing them to make split-second, lifesaving decisions that prepare you to be cared for in our Level II Trauma Center. Your survival often depends on the EMS provider’s ability to rapidly evaluate you and determine the appropriate diagnosis and destination for continued trauma care.