Prenatal care in Wabash Valley
Terre Haute Regional Hospital provides the best prenatal care for you and your baby. Families throughout Indiana’s Wabash Valley trust our experience and expertise and prefer our modern comforts and conveniences. Our OB/GYNs will work with you to ensure you informed and prepared for labor and delivery.
For more information about our prenatal care, please call (812) 237-1200.
Whether you are a new mom or a seasoned pro, we help you stay healthy, plan for birth and care for yourself and your newborn with confidence. We offer:
- Personalized birth planning. Choose from an array of care services tailored to your needs. We offer low-intervention birth options, such as natural pain management techniques for natural birth, delayed umbilical cord clamping and immediate skin-to-skin contact for you and your infant (also known as kangaroo care).
- Nutritional counseling. If you have severe nausea or develop gestational diabetes, our registered dietitians can help you plan meals that keep you and your baby healthy. Schedule an appointment with our registered dietitians by calling (812) 237-1161.
Birth center tours and classes
You’re pregnant and probably have many questions: What are the early signs of labor? How often should I feed my newborn? Do babies sleep on their stomachs or backs? And whether this is your first baby or your fourth, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed by conflicting advice from well-meaning family members, neighbors and friends.
The maternity experts at Terre Haute Regional Hospital in Indiana help you learn to trust your instincts and feel confident in becoming a parent. Our prenatal classes and birth center tours offer families up-to-date information and advice about pregnancy, childbirth and parenthood.
Take a hospital tour
Familiarize yourself with our birth center before you go into labor. During our guided tour, you will learn where to check-in on the big day, see our labor and delivery unit up close, peek in the well-baby nursery and have an opportunity to ask questions about your hospital stay.
Group tours are given at the end of our childbirth preparation classes. However, you may also schedule your own personal tour by calling (812) 237-1275.
Enroll in a maternity class
Our maternity classes help you get ready for labor and delivery, breastfeeding, and bringing your baby home. We offer:
- Childbirth Preparation. Our comprehensive, four-week class answers your most pressing questions about pregnancy, labor and delivery, and parenting. Topics include prenatal wellness, relaxation, breathing, massage and visualization techniques, preparing for your baby’s arrival, normal newborn characteristics and newborn care.
- Breastfeeding Basics. This class introduces breastfeeding with topics including the supplies you will need, pumping and storage, breastfeeding as a working mother and weaning.
- Lactation support group. This class is an informal group that assists lactating mothers. Children are welcome.
Ready to take one of these classes? Please register by calling (812) 564-0663.