Podiatry in Wabash Valley
The foot doctors in Terre Haute Regional Hospital's orthopedic program provide Wabash Valley’s most comprehensive care for foot and ankle care. Our comprehensive assessments and technology allow our specialists to accurately diagnose and treat your foot and ankle issues, so you can get back to your normal activities.
For more information about our foot and ankle care services or to schedule an appointment, call us at (812) 237-1200.
Foot and ankle conditions we treat
When toe, foot or ankle problems cause pain or limit your mobility, our foot and ankle specialists can help. We offer highly specialized care for a variety of conditions, including:
- Achilles tendon disorders—Including tendinitis and rupture
- Ankle sprains—Tears in the ligaments
- Arthritis—Including osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- Bunions—Bump on the side of the foot at the big toe
- Deformations—Including flat feet or high arches
- Fractures—Of the heel, ankle and talus
- Ganglion cysts—Fluid-filled bump on the joints or tendons in the ankle or foot
- Hammer toes—Bent second, third or fourth toes
- Heel spurs—Calcium deposits on the underside of the heel bone
- Ligament injuries—Including sprains and complete tears
- Morton’s neuroma—Pinched or thickened nerve at the ball of the foot
- Nail bed injuries—Caused by blunt force trauma
- Plantar fasciitis—Heel pain caused by inflammation
- Stress fractures in the foot and ankle—Tiny bone cracks caused by repeated impacts
- Tarsal tunnel syndrome—Causing compressed tibial nerve
- Tendinitis—Inflammation caused by repetitive strain, as in tibial tendinitis
Our Terre Haute foot and ankle specialists foot and ankle specialists use the most effective approaches possible to alleviate pain and restore your mobility.
Nonsurgical treatments for foot and ankle conditions
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation: Improves function and strength with physical and occupational therapists experienced in rehabilitating foot and ankle conditions.
- Bracing, orthotics and other devices: Stabilizes and supports the ankle and foot and reduces pain.
- Injected medicines: Reduces pain and swelling using corticosteroids and anti-inflammatory medicines.
Foot and ankle surgeries we offer
- Arthroscopy—Involves inserting a tube with a tiny camera and a light into the ankle joint to view inside to diagnose and repair a variety of conditions affecting the ligaments, bones, cartilage or tendons.
- Bunionectomy—Bunion removal.
- Fusion surgery—Attaches two bones, such as ankle fusion or transfibular, midfoot and subtalar fusion, to improve stability.
- Ligament and tendon repair and reconstruction—Repairs sprains and strains in the ankle and foot.
- Open reduction and fixation—Realigns a broken bone and holds it in place using internal fixtures, such as rods or wires.
- Ankle replacement, or ankle arthroplasty—Procedure to replace the damaged articular surfaces of the human ankle joint with prosthetic components.