COVID-19 and Pregnancy - An Update for our Patients
We would like to take this opportunity to update you about your maternity care during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, and assure you that our dedicated team of expert nurses, physicians and midwives are committed to providing the safest and most effective care.
Childbirth services in Wabash Valley
Terre Haute Regional Hospital's OB/GYNs provides the prenatal care you and your baby need to stay healthy during pregnancy. On the big day, we will help you create an unforgettable experience. We offer customized labor and delivery services, including low-intervention birth options and peaceful, private birthing suites.
For more information about our labor and delivery services or to find an OB/GYN, please call (812) 237-1200. You can also preregister for your delivery online.
Our caregivers are committed to providing you a one-of-a-kind birth experience in a supportive, soothing environment. We offer:
- A private, comfortable experience. Our spacious birthing suites allow you to labor your way, with the help of your caregiver or support person. We offer soaking tubs for hydrotherapy, peanut balls, birthing balls and private bathrooms.
- Welcoming family-friendly setting. Labor and delivery can take time, but you will feel right at home. We offer comfortable sleeping accommodations for your partner and spacious family waiting areas.
- Medical team ready for anything. Our team is here for whatever you need, 24/7. We have the latest obstetric technology and resources, including an anesthesiologist and dedicated operating rooms nearby for unplanned or emergency cesarean sections.
Comprehensive labor and delivery services
When you have your baby at Terre Haute Regional Hospital, you receive expert, personalized care in a warm, welcoming environment. Families also choose us because:
- Our team is experienced. Our knowledgeable caregivers including obstetricians, gynecologists, anesthesiologists, neonatologists and nurse practitioners work together to ensure your delivery goes smoothly.
- Your preferences matter. You know your body better than anyone does, and we trust your instincts. You choose how to experience labor and delivery. We also welcome and support private doula care.
- You and your baby are safe here. Because unexpected complications can occur during labor and delivery, it is important to choose a birthing center that can handle emergencies at a moment's notice. We offer a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for premature or sick newborns and enhanced security measures.
- We offer continuous care for your whole family. Terre Haute Regional Hospital offers specialized health services for your family's needs, from birth to old age. This includes pediatric emergency care and women's health services.
We are proud to offer postpartum care after you deliver your baby. We ensure you have personalized attention, support and care while you recover in our birthing center and at home, such as:
- Postpartum depression screenings
- A celebratory meal
- 24/7 breastfeeding support
- Premature care
- Family-centered care
Hospital tours and maternity classes
As a new mother, we offer maternity classes for lactation support and breastfeeding basics. Expecting mothers and families are also encouraged to take a free hospital tour to get familiar with our birthing center and our staff.