Our cancer resource navigator in Wabash Valley
Terre Haute Regional Hospital is happy to provide resources and support for patients currently undergoing cancer treatment and services at the Siebenmorgen Cancer Center. Our oncology nurse navigator will work with you throughout your entire plan at our facility by ensuring your questions are answered and you get the care you deserve.
For more information, please call Lynn Hayes, oncology nurse navigator, at (812) 237-9585.
Benefits of our oncology nurse navigation program
We know you have questions and concerns about your health when you receive a cancer diagnosis. At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, we are pleased to offer you the assistance of a dedicated oncology navigator who will help you overcome the barriers and coordinate cancer care with the entire healthcare team. Our nurse navigator will guide and support you and your family through the many challenges of cancer and meet your physical, emotional and spiritual needs with compassion.
We also have a breast imaging navigator in the mammography department who is specially trained in all aspects of breast health. Our breast imaging navigator is dedicated to guiding the patient through the next steps following an abnormal mammogram. She ensures smooth and timely scheduling for each necessary diagnostic test, including biopsy, and provides support and education each step of the way.
Patients and their families can count on our nurse navigator to:
- Direct patients to healthcare services for timely diagnosis and treatment
- Assist patients in navigating the healthcare system and necessary resources
- Help patients understand their diagnosis and available treatment options
- Help overcome barriers and coordinate care with the entire multidisciplinary team
- Provide educational materials
- Explain medications
- Assist patients with accessing needed resources to stay on track with their treatment plan
- Help improve communication between the healthcare team members to ensure quality outcomes