Digestive health services in Wabash Valley
Our gastrointestinal (GI) specialists provide care for a wide range of gastrointestinal tract diseases and conditions. If you are dealing with issues of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder, colon or rectum, our physicians are here to help you feel better. We provide accurate diagnoses and advanced treatment methods, so you can get back to your daily routine as quickly as possible.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or talk to one of our nurses to discuss your symptoms, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (812) 237-1200.
GI conditions we treat
The gastrointestinal tract is one of the most complex organ systems in the human body. Whether you experience the occasional upset stomach or you are faced with a serious disease, the GI specialists at Terre Haute Regional Hospital spend time to understand your specific situation, take a complete medical history, work up a thorough diagnosis and perform the complex procedures designed to improve your health.
We provide care for the following conditions:
- Acid reflux disease
- Colon cancer
- Crohn's disease
- Diseases of the bile ducts or pancreas
- Gallbladder disorders
- Gastrointestinal bleeding (upper and lower)
- Gastric reflux disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcers (gastric, duodenal and peptic)
Our digestive health services
Terre Haute Regional Hospital offers you access to specialized , endoscopy, colonoscopy and colorectal services and teams of healthcare professionals encompassing multiple disciplines, including:
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)—Incorporates detailed X-rays during a visual inspection of the bile duct, pancreatic duct, gallbladder; also used for removal of stones and placement of stents.
- Upper endoscopy (upper GI; also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD)—Explores the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS)—Helps diagnose diseases and cancers, such as esophageal, gastric, rectal and pancreatic cancers; Locates common bile duct stones; Evaluates masses in the lining of the GI tract.