Knee replacement surgery in Wabash Valley
The orthopedic surgeons at Terre Haute Regional Hospital help patients restore mobility and alleviate knee pain through partial and total knee replacement surgery. Joint replacement surgery at a full-service hospital gives you access to innovative services and comprehensive care should you need it.
In fact, we are the first hospital in Terre Haute to gain The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for excellence in total knee and total hip replacement.
This means our team exceeds national standards with superior outcomes and a patient-center approach throughout diagnosis, surgery and rehabilitation therapy. Our commitment to excellent orthopedic care means we can help relieve your knee pain and get you back on your feet as quickly and as safely as possible.
To schedule an appointment with our orthopedic specialists for knee replacement surgery, please call (812) 237-1200.
Knee replacement surgery, also called knee arthroplasty, relieves pain and restores joint function. It involves resurfacing or capping the ends of the bones damaged by arthritis or injury with a prosthetic (or artificial) implant made from metal and plastic.
We use the latest advancements and minimally invasive techniques for knee replacement surgery. We also offer customized implant solutions, resulting in a better fit, faster recovery and enhanced function.
Candidates for knee replacement surgery
Schedule a knee replacement consultation with our orthopedic surgeons if you:
- Experience knee pain with activity
- Feel pain even while resting
- Wake up during the night due to knee pain
- Have difficulty sitting, climbing stairs or bending down
- Tried other treatments, such as diet, exercise and medications, without success
Types of knee replacement surgery we offer
Depending on the condition of your knee joint, our Terre Haute orthopedists may perform one of the following types of surgeries:
- Total knee replacement—This procedure involves all three bones (thigh, shin and kneecap) that form the knee joint. Implants vary depending on your weight, size and activity level.
- Partial knee replacement—When damage is limited to a portion of the knee (inside, outside or front), we can spare healthy tissue and bone in a less invasive procedure. Partial knee replacement is also called knee resurfacing.
Knee replacement recovery and rehabilitation
After you undergo a knee replacement surgery, physical therapy will help you restore physical function and help you achieve relief from aches and pain. Your physical therapy regimen may include:
- Pain management
- Prevention programs
- Gait training
- Exercise instruction
- Manual therapy techniques