Level II Trauma Center - serving you.
If you are critically injured near Terre Haute, IN or Wabash Valley, having our Trauma Center nearby could mean the difference between life and death. The trauma care team at Terre Haute Regional Hospital is dedicated to delivering high-quality care during life’s unexpected moments.
Level II Trauma Center - experts in saving lives.
The Terre Haute Regional Hospital Level II Trauma Center provides a higher level of care for the most critically injured patients. Our specially trained physicians, surgeons, and medical professionals are prepared to provide you the critical attention you need 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in our Level II Trauma Center.
High-quality critical care.
Our Level II Trauma Center includes:
- A comprehensive team of trauma trained and board certified surgeons across varying specialties
- Prompt assessment, resuscitation, surgery, intensive care, and stabilization for critically injured patients
- A helipad for quick transport from an accident to the Trauma Center or to another medical center, if necessary
- A comprehensive program to regularly review of our care standards based on national standards published by the American College of Surgeons and the American College of Emergency Physician
- A program to evaluate quality and provide ongoing staff education program to ensure we continue to provide high quality care to the community
- A community outreach program to help prevent injury for people in the Wabash Valley
Critical care before you arrive.
To provide you the best trauma care, we partner closely with regional Emergency Medical Services (EMS) to provide critical care before you arrive at Terre Haute Regional Hospital. Our EMS partners help us anticipate and prepare for your immediate needs upon arrival. In most cases, the EMS staff and our trauma team are communicating and preparing for your arrival.
Our EMS partners have knowledge and experience in trauma care, allowing them to make split-second life-saving decisions that prepares you to be cared for in our Trauma Center. Your survival often depends on the EMS provider’s ability to rapidly evaluate you and determine the appropriate diagnosis and destination for continued trauma care.
If you or someone you know is experiencing an emergency always call 911 first.
If you aren’t certain about a critical care situation, you can contact a nurse, 24 hours a day, by phone at 812-237-1200.