Terre Haute’s First Choice for Pregnancy and Childbirth Care
Looking for safe, personalized maternity services that are close to home? Come to Terre Haute Regional Hospital. Families throughout Indiana’s Wabash Valley trust our experience and expertise, and prefer our modern comforts and conveniences.
Our OB/GYN team provides the prenatal care you and your baby need to stay healthy during pregnancy. And on the big day, we’ll help you create an unforgettable experience. We offer customized labor and delivery services, including low-intervention birth options, and peaceful, private birthing suites.
Our pregnancy and birth services include:
- Prenatal classes and education
- Neonatal intensive care
Why Choose Terre Haute Regional Hospital for Your Baby’s Birth
When you have your baby at Terre Haute Regional Hospital, you receive expert, personalized care in a warm, welcoming environment. Families also choose us because:
- Our team is experienced. Our knowledgeable caregivers — including obstetricians, gynecologists, anesthesiologists, neonatologists, and nurse practitioners — work together to ensure your delivery goes smoothly.
- Comfort, luxury, and the latest technology in your community. There’s no need for you to go outside Wabash Valley when exceptional maternity care is right here in Terre Haute.
- Your preferences matter. You know your body better than anyone and we trust your instincts. You choose how to experience labor and delivery. We also welcome and support private doula care.
- You and your baby are safe here. Because unexpected complications can occur during labor and delivery, it’s important to choose a birthing center that can handle emergencies at a moment’s notice. We offer a Level II NICU for premature or sick newborns, and enhanced security measures.
- We offer continuous care for your whole family. Terre Haute Regional Hospital offers specialized health services for all your family’s needs, from birth to old age. This includes pediatric emergency, hospital, and specialty care and women’s health services.
The First Nine Months – Prenatal Care for You and Your Baby
Whether you’re a new mom or a seasoned pro, we help you stay healthy, plan for birth, and care for yourself and your newborn with confidence. We offer:
- Birth center tours and classes. We offer personal, guided tours of our maternity unit so you know what to expect and can ask questions ahead of time. We also offer classes that cover labor and delivery and breastfeeding.
- Personalized birth planning. Choose from an array of care tailored to your needs. We offer low-intervention birth options such as natural pain management techniques, delayed umbilical cord clamping, and immediate skin-to-skin contact for you and your infant (also known as kangaroo care).
- Nutrition counseling. If you have severe nausea or develop gestational diabetes, our registered dietitians can help you plan meals that keep you and your baby healthy. Schedule an appointment by calling (812) 237-1161.
The Big Day – Customized Labor and Delivery Care
Our caregivers are committed to providing you a one-of-a-kind birth experience in a supportive, soothing environment. We offer:
- A private, comfortable experience. Our spacious birthing suites allow you to labor your way, with the help of your caregiver or support person. We offer soaking tubs for hydrotherapy, peanut balls, birthing balls, and private bathrooms.
- Welcoming family-friendly setting. Labor and delivery can take time, but you’ll feel right at home. We offer comfortable sleeping accommodations for your partner and spacious family waiting areas.
- Medical team ready for anything. Our team is here for whatever you need, 24/7. We have the latest obstetric technology and resources, including an anesthesiologist and dedicated operating rooms nearby for unplanned or emergency C-sections.
After Baby’s Arrival – Postpartum Care with Abundant Ongoing Support
You and your newborn receive comprehensive care and support until you leave the hospital — and at home. Our services include:
- Family-centered care. We practice couplet care (also known as rooming in), so you and your partner can get to know your baby in a private setting. This means your baby stays with you in the room at all times, even during most examinations. And the same nurse cares for you and your baby.
- 24/7 breastfeeding support. Breastfeeding is a learned skill for both mom and baby. Our on-site, International Board-Certified Lactation Consultants help you breastfeed immediately after birth and throughout your hospital stay.
- Unmatched personalized attention. Whether you need help with breastfeeding, diapering or swaddling, our unique follow-up program provides new families one-on-one consultations related to postpartum and newborn care. In addition to spending time with you during your hospital stay, our experienced OB nurses will answer your non-urgent questions by phone once you’re discharged. Call (812) 237-9497.
- A celebratory meal. We help make your experience memorable by providing you and your partner a special meal after your baby’s birth. You’ll also receive complimentary cupcakes from The Red Room Cakery in Terre Haute.
- Postpartum depression screening. We screen all new moms for postpartum depression before leaving the hospital and will coordinate any medical care or counseling you may need.
Baby on the way? Chances are you’re wondering what to expect during labor and delivery and breastfeeding. Our classes help you feel confident and well-prepared.
Having a baby is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. So is choosing where to have your baby. Use our guide to compare your options and find your ideal birth center.
If your baby needs extra care and attention, we offer Level II neonatal intensive care. Learn how we support and nurture premature or ill newborns.