Digestive Health at Terre Haute Regional
Our gastrointestinal (GI) specialists provide care for a wide range of gastrointestinal tract diseases and conditions. Whether you are dealing with issues of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, gallbladder, colon and rectum, our physicians are here to help you feel better. We provide accurate diagnoses and advanced treatment methods so you can get back to your daily routine as quick as possible.
If you are having severe stomach pain, visit our emergency room.
If your abdominal pain is less severe, contact our Consult-A-Nurse® team is 24/7 at 812-237-1200 to discuss symptoms.
Conditions we treat:
The gastrointestinal tract is one of the most complex organ systems in the human body. Whether you experience the occasional upset stomach or you're faced with a serious disease, the specialists at Terre Haute Regional Hospital spend time to understand your specific situation, take a complete medical history, work up a thorough diagnosis and perform the complex procedures designed to improve your health. We provide care for the following conditions:
- Acid reflux disease
- Colon cancer
- Crohn's disease
- Diseases of the bile ducts or pancreas
- Gallbladder disorders
- Gastrointestinal bleeding (upper, lower)
- Gastric reflux disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcers – gastric and duodenal or peptic
Our specialized gastrointestinal services
Terre Haute Regional Hospital will offer you access to specialized services and teams of healthcare professionals encompassing multiple disciplines, including:
- Colonoscopy and colorectal services
- Endoscopy – minimally invasive surgery with the use of a tiny camera in a soft, flexible, fiber-optic tube to view and perform procedures inside the body
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Incorporates detailed X-rays during visual inspection of the bile duct, pancreatic duct, gallbladder; also used for removal of stones and placement of stents
- Upper endoscopy (upper GI; also known as esophagogastroduodenoscopy or EGD) – Explores the esophagus, stomach and small intestine
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) to help diagnose cancers such as esophageal, gastric, rectal and pancreatic cancers; diagnose diseases of internal organs; locate common bile duct stones; and evaluate masses in the lining of the GI tract.
- Tests and imaging