At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, it’s our belief that a family-centered approach to childbirth can help promote the healthy growth and development of the entire family. From beginning to end, you can be assured your loved ones will be welcomed and encouraged to participate in your childbirth experience.
OB/GYN provides care for prenatal and GYN patients including Labor and Delivery, Cesarean Section, Postpartum, Level I and Level II Nurseries, and Gynecology. Anesthesia physicians provide coverage for this department twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
The Family Place is also equipped with traditional nursery fully equipped birthing rooms, and private or semi-private rooms. Staff members are trained to conduct a variety of classes including childbirth and breastfeeding.The Family Place also offers a Follow Up Center for new families.
Mother/Baby Follow-Up Center
Barb Black, L.P.N., Obstetric Nurse and Certified Lactation Counselor with more than 25 years of experience, is available to you during your hospital stay. Whether just stopping by to introduce herself, bringing literature or offering one-on-one consultation about general baby care or breastfeeding issues, Barb continues to be involved with new families by offering:
- Support of mother and her breastfeeding goals.
- Problem identification. (Engorgement, plugged ducts, mastitis, thrush, low milk supply).
- Free baby weight checks, vital signs and second Newborn Infant Screen, if necessary.
- Education of new mother in the proper care of her new infant. (Cord care, sleep patterns, burping techniques,and general baby care questions).
- Education of new mother in proper collection and storage of breast milk and returning to work tips.
- The Warm-Line, 812-237-9497, designed for non-urgent baby care questions.