Barb Black, L.P.N., Obstetric Nurse and Certified Lactation Counselor with more than 25 years of experience, is available to you during your hospital stay. Whether she's just stopping by to introduce herself, bringing literature or offering one-on-one consultation about general baby care or breast feeding issues, Barb continues to be involved with new families by offering:
- Support of mother and her breast feeding goals
- Problem identification (engorgement, plugged ducts, mastitis, thrush, low milk supply)
- Free baby weight checks, vital signs and second newborn infant screen, if necessary
- Education of new mother in the proper care of her new infant including cord care, sleep patterns, burping techniques and general baby care questions
- Education of new mother in proper collection and storage of breast milk and returning-to-work tips
Regional's Warm-Line, (812) 237-9497, is designed for your non-urgent baby care questions.