Wabash Valley’s Experts in Sports and Exercise Injuries
Being active is good for your health, but a sports or exercise injury can keep you sidelined. With effective treatment, you can overcome injuries and get moving again.
Terre Haute Regional Hospital customizes treatment plans for active people to get back to doing what they love. We offer individualized treatment from a multidisciplinary team of sports medicine specialists, orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, and other medical experts who work together for you.
Sports-Related Injuries and Conditions We Treat
From injury prevention to leading-edge treatment, Terre Haute Regional Hospital evaluates, treats, and rehabilitates a range of conditions resulting from sports injuries. Common sports-related pain and injuries include:
- Ankle/foot pain and injury: ankle sprains, high ankle sprains, Achilles tendon injuries, stress fractures, ligament inflammation (plantar fasciitis)
- Back pain and injury: muscle strain, ligament sprain, disc disorders, fractures
- Concussions: traumatic impact to the head causing dizziness, drowsiness, blurry vision, and other symptoms
- Elbow pain and injury: ligament tears as in tennis or golf elbow, bursitis, dislocation, tendon ruptures
- Hip pain and injury: hip pointer or contusion, hip flexor strain, labral tears of cartilage, or quadriceps strains, dislocations, bursitis
- Knee pain and injury: anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and posterior cruciate ligament (PCL) tears, meniscus tears, jumper’s knee (patellar tendonitis), patellofemoral syndrome
- Shoulder pain and injury: labral tears of cartilage, dislocations, rotator cuff tears, biceps injuries, nerve impingement, fractures
- Wrist/hand pain and injury: ligament tears, tendonitis, nerve injuries, stress fractures
Sports Injury Treatments and Services in Terre Haute, Indiana
We offer nonsurgical, surgical, and rehabilitative options designed to return you to your full ability and reduce the risk for re-injury. If you need surgery, we take a minimally invasive approach whenever possible, which means smaller incisions, faster healing, and less pain.
We offer the following nonsurgical sports-related injury treatments and services in the Wabash Valley:
- Sports-injury physical therapy and rehabilitation: As a first line of treatment or after surgery to restore strength, movement, and endurance. We help you manage pain and prevent further damage or re-injury with customized programs.
- Pain management therapies: Including injections, selective nerve root blocks, platelet-rich plasma (PRP), and nerve stimulation techniques.
- Sports injury prevention and safety: Customized programs to help you use proper techniques to avoid injuries. This includes tips for protecting your shoulder while playing golf or identifying proper footwear while you train for a marathon.
- Concussion management: Our experienced doctors recognize the symptoms of concussions.
- Sports physicals: We offer medical evaluation to ensure your student athlete is healthy and ready for safe play.
Sports Injury Surgery at Terre Haute Regional Hospital
The orthopedic surgeons at Terre Haute Regional Hospital perform minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery which involves small incisions and inserting a lighted tube into the joint. This allows surgeons to diagnose your condition and perform a variety of procedures on ligaments, bones, cartilage, or tendons.
Common sports-related surgeries we offer include:
- Cartilage reconstruction: Repair or replace cartilage loss or damage in the knees using innovative techniques.
- Elbow tendon repair: Reattach the distal biceps tendon to the lower arm bone.
- Knee ligament repair and reconstruction: Including the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), posterior cruciate ligament (PCL), medial collateral ligament (MCL), and the lateral collateral ligament (LCL).
- Joint replacement: Replace joint surfaces with artificial implants, such as shoulder, knee, and hip replacements.
- Meniscus surgery: Trim or remove torn cartilage in the knee.
- Rotator cuff shoulder repair: Reattach the tendon to the upper arm bone in a complete tear. In a partial tear, the surgeon trims and smooths the tendon and bone.
A Team Approach to Sports Medicine Injury and Care
You don’t have to be a professional athlete to be treated like one. At Terre Haute Regional Hospital, our patients continuously give us high scores in satisfaction because we offer:
- Combined expertise of teams working for you. You benefit from shared clinical expertise board-certified doctors, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeons, and licensed therapists working for you.
- Comprehensive services you deserve, all in one place. From advanced diagnostics, to therapy and rehabilitation to surgery, you can get everything you need in one place, from one team.
- Compassionate care throughout the journey. We’re here every step of the way with case management and care coordination customized to your needs.
- Care in a full-service hospital. If you need surgery, it’s at a hospital with all the services and amenities you need for a comfortable recovery.
- Convenient location. Located at the Terre Haute Regional Hospital’s main campus, our sports therapy and fitness programs are convenient and easily accessible.
Renowned spine care specialists use innovative technology to pinpoint and treat your back or neck pain, fast. Learn about our collaborative approach to spine care.