Recognized Joint Replacement Team in Terre Haute, Indiana
The orthopedic surgeons at Terre Haute Regional Hospital helps knee and hip replacement patients get back on their feet, faster. Joint replacement surgery at a full-service hospital gives you access to innovative services and comprehensive care should you need it. In fact, we’re the first hospital in Terre Haute, Indiana to gain The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval® for excellence in total knee and total hip replacement.
Health Risk Assessments
Find out how healthy you are by taking our FREE online health risk assessments:
This means our team exceeds national standards with superior outcomes and a patient-center approach throughout diagnosis, surgery, and rehabilitation therapy. Our commitment is to relieve your knee or hip pain quickly, so you can enjoy an active life.
Knee Replacement - Relieving Your Pain
Knee replacement surgery, also called knee arthroplasty, relieves pain and restores joint function. It involves resurfacing or capping the ends of the bones damaged by arthritis or injury with a prosthetic (or artificial) implant made from metal and plastic.
We use the latest advancements and minimally invasive techniques. We also offer customized implant solutions which means a better fit, faster recovery, and enhanced function.
Candidates for Knee Replacement Surgery
- Experience knee pain with activity
- Feel pain even while resting
- Wake up during the night due to knee pain
- Have difficulty sitting, climbing stairs, or bending down
- Tried other treatments such as diet, exercise, and medications, without success
Types of Knee Replacement Surgery We Offer
We offer options to fit your goals and lifestyle, including:
- Total knee replacement: Involves all three bones (thigh, shin, and kneecap) that form the knee joint. Implants vary depending on your weight, size, and activity level.
- Partial knee replacement: When damage is limited to a portion of the knee (inside, outside, or front), we can spare healthy tissue and bone in a less invasive procedure. Partial knee replacement is also called knee resurfacing.
Hip Replacement —Restoring Range of Motion
Hip replacement surgery, or hip arthroplasty, resolves hip pain caused by injury from fractures, conditions like avascular necrosis, or severe arthritis. The result is better stability, mobility, and function, and less pain.
Candidates for Hip Replacement Surgery
Schedule an appointment with one of our joint experts if you:
- Experience hip pain or stiffness after sitting for a long time, or getting out of bed
- Have pain, swelling, or tenderness in the hip joint
- Hear or feel “crunching” in the hip joint
- Have tried other treatments such as medicines and physical therapy, without success
Types of Hip Replacement Surgery We Offer
Terre Haute Regional Hospital specializes in total hip replacement. Surgeons replace the ball of the thigh bone and socket of the pelvis bone with prosthetic (or artificial) pieces made from metal, ceramic and/or plastic. The procedure involves removing the damaged cartilage and bone and implanting the prosthetic joint.
Compassionate, Personalized Joint Replacement
Your joint replacement journey at Terre Haute Regional Hospital begins with expert diagnosis and continues with education about the condition and procedures available to you. Patients choose us for:
- Recognized joint replacement care. We’re Terre Haute’s first hospital with knee and hip replacement programs accredited by The Joint Commission, the nation’s leading authority on quality and continuous improvement in healthcare. This means we offer outcomes and recovery rates not available elsewhere in the area.
- Comprehensive preoperative education. To help ease anxiety before surgery, we offer a joint replacement orientation including an inside look at our facility and what to expect before, during, and after joint replacement surgery.
- Care throughout the journey. We’re here every step of the way with case management and care coordination customized to your needs.
- Specialized programs before and after surgery. We offer inpatient and outpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation at our hospital, all under one roof.
- Fellowship trained, board-certified orthopedic specialists. Your care comes from board-certified doctors and orthopedic surgeons. Most of our doctors are also fellowship trained in their field.