September 01, 2008
Terre Haute, IN (September, 2008) In honor of National Rehabilitation Awareness Week, Terre Haute Regional Hospital will be hosting an Open House on Sept. 25.
The Open House will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Inpatient Rehab Unit on the fifth floor of the hospital.
Therapists and staff will be on hand to demonstrate equipment and answer questions. Tours will be available and lunch will be provided.
National Rehabilitation Awareness Week is a national event. This event is designed to highlight the victories people with disabilities have made through rehabilitation; to recognize the contributions of rehabilitation professionals; and to call attention to the unmet needs of people with disabilities. Consider the following information:
- Nearly 50 million Americans are disabled. Disability does not discriminate – every person is at risk of disability. Therefore, everyone is a potential candidate for rehabilitation.
- Most Americans will require at least one rehabilitation service at some point in their lives.
- Rehabilitation is an integral part of healthcare and a tremendous component in providing patients with positive outcomes.
- Rehabilitation is individualized so every patient can progress at his or her own ability level.
- Rehabilitation can lengthen life, improve the quality of life and reduce subsequent illness.
- Statistics show that medical rehabilitation improves lives and saves money. For every $1 spent on rehab care, it is estimated that $11 are saved on long-term disability costs. People participating in rehabilitation programs of care are able to regain productivity and return to work, school and independent living.
- Independence gained or retained through rehabilitation is priceless.
For more information contact Mindy Balka at 812-237-9585 or 812-243-7990.
Located at 3901 South 7th St. in Terre Haute, Terre Haute Regional Hospital is a 278-bed community-based hospital. Regional Hospital is an organization dedicated to its Mission, Values and Vision and is committed to providing quality, individualized patient care to the communities we serve. Today, the hospital offers the latest expertise and technology in areas including emergency services, cardiology, outpatient imaging, and surgery. Fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Terre Haute Regional Hospital looks forward to continuing to serve its friends and neighbors and growing with the community. We're more than a hospital, we're a family!
For more information about Terre Haute Regional Hospital and the services they offer, please call (812)232-0021 or visit RegionalHospital.com.